Please Help Us Continue our Lifesaving Work for Animals
Please consider Social Compassion in Legislation (SCIL), our 501(c)(4), or Social Compassion, our 501(c)(3), when deciding where to invest your end of year donations. Our two groups exist by charitable dollars given by you, our supporters.
We know you’ll be thinking about what’s important to you over the holiday weekend and we hope you will keep us in mind.
It is because of your integral support that we are able to pass groundbreaking legislation that saves countless animals’ lives worldwide and provide humane education to thousands of children in California.
Please note you can donate to the 501c3 and receive a tax deduction, while donating to the 501c4 does not receive a deduction.
The past several years has seen amazing advancement for animal rights in California, with our 501(c)(4), SCIL, leading the charge on a number of bills signed by Governor’s Jerry Brown and Gavin Newsom.
Through our efforts over the last five years, we have…
- Opened up animal blood banks to community donors while setting a path for phasing out inhumane closed-colonies (AB 1282)
- Mandated all dogs and cats are microchipped that leave animal shelters to reduce euthanasia in our shelter system (SB 573)
- Prohibited the use of wild animals in circuses (SB 313)
- Prohibited recreational and commercial fur trapping (AB 273)
- Banned the sale of numerous exotic animal skins (AB 1260)
- Mandated plant-based meals be available in hospitals and prisons (SB 1138)
- Made California the first state to prohibit the sale of cosmetics and personal care products that have been tested on animals (SB 1249)
- Tightened the “lemon law” for pets (AB 2445)
- Banned the sale of mill-bred dogs, cats, and rabbits in retail pet stores (AB 485)
- Further refined the administration of the Pet Lover’s License Plate (SB 673)
For a complete list of our past campaigns, click HERE.
We will continue fighting for animals in 2022 and beyond, with bills that protect tropical forests and endangered species, help schools serve plant-based meals, raise the bar for how dogs and cats are treated, protect our marine life and birds by fighting offshore drilling, and much, much more!
But this only happens with your ongoing generosity. Please consider supporting our lifesaving work and help us make a more compassionate society.
Additionally, you can donate throughout the year with AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support us every time you shop, at no cost to you.
AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop with AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to Social Compassion when you select us as the charitable organization.
This is an easy way for anyone who uses Amazon to contribute to Social Compassion without costing them a dime! Thank you very much for your donations.